"Computer Plotting of Legal Descriptions for the Layman"
What can I expect at the Seminar?:
An 8-Hour Seminar
The seminar is designed to give the student a better understanding of the language of legal descriptions. It gives suggestions on handling "problem" or incomplete descriptions. This Seminar is best done in a computer lab, giving students "hands-on" experience. N/ET Deed Plotter® is used in the Seminar for illustrative purposes.
GENERAL TOPICS COVERED:
- Discussion of terms involved with metes and bounds descriptions (bearings and distance, curves, azimuths ,etc. Many Hours devoted to Curves issues).
- Understanding metes and bounds descriptions and inputs to the computer.
- Merging multiple parcels, with both sections and metes and bounds formats.
- Calculating areas and closure precision of individual parcels, measure overlaps or gaps.
- Calculating net areas on multiple tracts as "keeps & exceptions"
- Solving for one unknown.
- Dealing with poorly written or incomplete descriptions.
- Entry of text for labeling.
- Deed Conversion - reading descriptions directly from word processors
- Analyze non-closing tracts
- Drawing easements from Centerline or baseline descriptions and calculating easement areas.
- A history of the U.S. Rectangular Survey System - aka PLS - Public Lands Survey System(Townships, Ranges & Sections )
- Connecting parcels to PLS Sectional Monuments
- "Draw Tract with the Mouse" - free hand in a fence or pond, etc., or "click" around an overlap or gap.
- Saving files for CAD &/or GIS use with .DXF formats or as a .WMF format for word processors.
- Obtaining Geo-Referenced & Google Earth Images to use as Background.
This Seminar has been approved for 8 hours of Continuing Education by:
|AI||-Appraisal Institute - as a "Credible Topic"|
|IRWA||-International Right of Way Association|
|ASFMRA||-American Society of Farm Managers & Rural Appraisers|
|IAAO||-International Association of Assessing Officers|
|AAPL||-American Association of Professional Landmen|
|Arizona||-State of Arizona Board of Appraisal|
|Alaska||-State Board of Appraisal|
|California||-State Office of Real Estate Appraisal - Course #02260C102|
-State Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers
|Idaho|| APPROVAL REQUESTED -State Bureau of Occupational Licensing (Real Estate
APPROVAL REQUESTED - State Tax Commission (for Idaho County Assessors)
APPROVAL REQUESTED - State Department of Insurance (for real estate title examiners)
|Indiana||-State Department of Insurance - Title|
|Montana|| -State Real Estate and Appraiser Board # MT-REA-020516
-Title Insurance Commission - Course # 344-1000-001
|Nebraska||-State Dept of Property Assessment & Taxation - No Course Number|
|Nevada||-State Dept of Business & Ind. , Real Estate Div. - Course #7507|
|Oklahoma||-State Real Estate
Appraiser Board AAP-140-001
-State Office of Real Estate Commission (Application is pending approval.)
-State Insurance Department for Title Examiners E171-001
-Oklahoma State Bar (Application is pending approval.)
|South Dakota||- State Dept of Comm. & Reg. , Appr. Certification #SD 337 CE|
-State Texas Appraiser Licensing & Certification Board
|Utah|| -State Dept of Commerce, RE Div (Brkrs/Sales)
-State Dept of Commerce, RE Div (Appraisal)
-State Dept of Insurance - Course # CLA-PC-11034
-Utah State Bar (By Form 4 Application)
|West Virginia||-State Appraiser Board & Real Estate Commission|
|Wyoming|| -State Division of Ad
Valorem Taxation (Dept. of Revenue)
-State Certified Real Estate Appraiser Board & Real Estate Comm.
-State Department of Insurance - Course # 7482
-Wyoming Bar Association for CLE
No seminars scheduled at this time
If you would like to set up a seminar in your area, please call Mike @ 800-211-8531 to discuss it.